Menu
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Latest Phishing News 09/01/2017

Latest Phishing News 09/01/2017

We have been informed about phishing emails that contains the content copied below. They were NOT sent by Virgin Media and should not be responded to. Do NOT visit the link included in the mails or respond.

Your latest Virgin Media bill payment is declined

Your Bill Summary

Area reference: 04

Bill date: Dec 05, 2016
Payment due date: Jan 08, 2017
Payment reference:

Amount:
£71.03

We've got your back

We include tech support, engineer visits, repairs and replacements at no extra cost.
So if something goes wrong, it's on us.

Hello,
Your Virgin Media bill is ready and waiting for you online. To check out your detailed bill, previous bills and any charges you've incurred since your last bill, just sign into My Virgin Media.

Here's a quick summary of the brilliant things you can do with My Virgin Media - our online account area that really lets you take control 24/7:

View your detailed monthly bills

View your up-to-date account balance and monthly usage

Make a credit or debit card payment and store your card details for future use

Set up a Direct Debit to make your monthly payments easy

Access our other free apps and services, such as Virgin Media Mail, SmartCall and online security tools
Sing into My Virgin Media

Forgotten your sign in details?

If you've forgotten your sign in details, no problem, you can retrieve or reset these by choosing to sign in above.

Making payments by phone is easy

If you want to make a credit or debit card payment by phone simply call our automated payment service 0800 064 7777.

Help with your bill

If you have any questions about the details of your bill, check out our bill explainer online for all the answers.

Anything else you'd like to know?

If you have any questions or need help understanding your bill, you'll find all the answers.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

0 Kudos
Eileen-Emily
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latest Phishing News 09/01/2017

I received this email last night obviously a scam I knew the amount quoted was wrong but what really concerned me was the lengthy list of ntlworld email addresses does this mean someone has hacked your system to receive details of all ntl email addresses?

0 Kudos
steveflats
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have had this email today also and as the previous person has stated, how have they got all these virgin media email addresses. I would like assurances that our personal data has not been breached. 

Secondly if you inspect the element of the fraudulent email  it comes back as property.ecommercesolutionsny.com  and when you enter that address it takes you to a login screen of Mooreland Estate Management which is based in Hendon. I have been in contact with Mooreland and their  HR and IT department are investigating as it appears their website has been hijacked for this scam.

Regards

Steve

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
smithgor
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As a result of this email I went to change my Virgin Media password as a precaution.

Couldn't immediately see how to do it so looked in 'Help'.

Help says there is a 'My Profile' tab in the home page - There isn't

Phoned up VM and eventually agent took control of my PC - He couldn't find 'My Profile' tab.

Eventually loacated it in the 'Apps' folder.

Please can you sort this rather basic error out please Virgin, especially in the light of these phishing trips.

0 Kudos