Menu
boboblobs
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How do i know if cold calls from Virgin Media are from Virgin Media?

Hi,

Every few weeks I get a call from telesales folks claiming they are from Virgin Media and telling me about how they have offers etc. but before they can tell me more they need to get some details to validate that I am the account owner - usually first line of my address and postcode.

As I don't have any way of knowing whether it's Virgin or some phishing attempt I refuse to give any personal/account details until the operator can prove to me that he/she is representing VirginMedia. I usually get some verbal assurances - but inevitably the call goes nowhere.

Is this how Virgin normally conduct sales with their customers? If so - how can I get them to stop calling me until they have a way of proving they are who they say they are.

Thx. J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do i know if cold calls from Virgin Media are from Virgin Media?

Hi J

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the telephone calls.

If we have your details for contact purposes and you would like us to opt you out of any marketing calls that we provide to you, then we can opt you out of these and this take up to 6 weeks to update with us. You can arrange this via our contact centres on the phone via 150 or 0345 454 1111. Alternatively our Webchat teams can also opt you out of these calls too..

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Let us know how this goes!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos