Menu
chillrach
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

broadband down

Broadband down,can't connect,hub ready and traffic lights just flashing but never connecting,tried unplugging,rebooting etc but nothing,service status shows no faults.
0 Kudos
Click4
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband down

Hi, can you access the broadband modem settings page?

type, 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your internet browser where you would normally enter a web address.

Then select "Check Router Status"

Look for Downstream Power (dBmV), SNR (dB) and upstream Power (dBmV)
Also post contents of the log please.

If you are unable to do this, quickest way would be to either,

1) log into my.virginmedia.com go to service status and run a test on your broadband service.
2) call 150 and speak to broadband faults to check and report a fault.
3) wait for a member of the forum staff to reply and check your services, may take a while though for a reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband down

Hi chillrach, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear that your broadband is down, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I tested your connection from here and I can see that your Hub is online which is great! However I noticed a number of time outs inside the Hubs logs which can cause some drops in connection. I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend to investigate this further for you. 

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos