cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi

Gaiasugden
Joining in

Hello, I live in a university house that uses virgin media wifi, we have had no wifi for 4 days and I have called twice over the past couple of days where they have ensured our wifi connection would return but it has not. We can’t get through to talk to a person as we do not hold the account details as we are the tenants. Could this be resolved. We are paying for wifi which does not work! 

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

But if you need to get something done to your connection you will have to contact the account holder. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Its the account holder's responsibility to sort this - what are they telling you they are doing about it?

Is it just a wifi issue - that is can you connec using an ethernet cable connected device?  What Hub model is it and what are lights on it showing/doing?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.