cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin customer service, absolute joke

Gremlin5
Joining in

Was about to switch back to virgin from sky about a month ago due to skys broadband not being strong enough in our area. Took deal with free Xbox to start later that month and despite specifically stating we didn’t want it to start till later that month, they sent the equipment out with a note to activate in 5 days. After numerous phone calls, it was changed for the date we wanted but they tried to tell us the Xbox was built into the TiVo box. After loads more phone calls with different stories from each assistant, we cancelled the whole bundle as nobody could sort things out.

We then resigned with just the broadband and the home phone and despite being on the phone for ages, she assured us it had all gone through but we couldn’t port the number from sky till we had the adaptor which would come Tuesday. Tuesday and no adaptor, again on the phone for an hour to be told the original order was not completed despite having an email to lock it in, he then put the order through and said we would receive the adaptor today and guess what? No adaptor despite having a text last night saying it would be delivered.

The bills keep coming with different installation fees added which we were not told about, they tried to charge us for the tv package despite it never being activated and we have now had to extend our phone line with sky with an added cost just so we don’t loose our number. Virgin staff are useless in sorting things out, none seem to have any idea what they are doing, now realise why we left after 25 years. Feel like pulling the plug again! At least with sky, they sort things straight away, virgin need to take lessons from them on customer service.

2 REPLIES 2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gremlin5 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am so sorry for the poor experience and would love to help further.

Will pop you a PM 📩 and we can go from there.

Thanks, speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

If sky could provide the broadband speed then I would stay with them any day. Unfortunately the fibre and ultra fast isn’t available in my area and after switching to them and trying their broadband, it just isn’t sufficient for the amount of devices connected from my household and yes we could stay, but it’s very frustrating when devices run so slow.

we have stayed with sky now for the tv as I can’t be doing with the hassle. Unfortunately the need for a faster broadband speed has made us change provider and after previously being with virgin for 25+ years, i knew they do have a decent broadband. The only thing I didn’t realise is how bad their customer service has got and like I said, if it wasn’t for the need for a faster broadband, then I would have stayed with sky. Just wish that every time you phone virgin, they promise you it’s sorted but a few days later nothing happens and you ring back again to get the same promises but nobody actually seems to be able to set things up properly. Once it’s up and running, fingers crossed I never have to ring them again.