Menu
Liamcar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub got stuck in a restart loop, other issues following reset

NOTE: my SuperHub looks like this - http://assets.virginmedia.com/help/assets/images/super_hub_unit_front2_annotated.jpg - believe it's the original model.

Serial Number 2HA313UE10E2A
Boot Code Version 2.3.0beta7
Software Version V2.39.02
Hardware Version 2.00

Today my SuperHub got stuck in a reboot loop with abnormal behaviour.

1) After startup, normal lights an operation for around 10 seconds
2) Only top light remains on and then SuperHub restarts itself
3) Repeat endlessly until I intervene

I used the reset button on the SH which caused new behaviour - normal front lights but ethernet ports had no function - no lights on the ports, devices connecting directly via cable said "connecting" but never progressed.

Restart again and we get behaviour 1 again with the endless loop.

After using the reset button again, we now get 3 solid blue lights on the front of the SH, ethernet ports flashing rapidly at random but no access to the internet.

I had to use the reset button repeatedly and eventually got normal operation back. When it came back, it was still in modem mode. Shouldn't it have gone back to normal mode after using the reset button?

Considering the age of the SH, is there any possibility of getting it replaced with a modern model?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub got stuck in a restart loop, other issues following reset

Hi Liamcar,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I'd like to look into this for you but I need more information from you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos