Menu
diddley07
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Router location

Hello again, i have brought a Tp link 5 port smart switch in order to give me extra ports. I think it is unsightly and am thinking of moving it and hub out of lounge. My Canon mg3150 printer is wirelessly connected and is staying in the lounge. My question is can printer receive from my powerline tp link av500 which is staying in lounge. I intend to rewire entire network so switch and hub will be in pantry in kichen which is brick and far from lounge. Many thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router location

Hey diddley07,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I understand what you mean about the switch being unattractive, I've got so many cables by my TV it drives me crazy!

I can't see any technical reason why your printer won't connect via power lines assuming your pantry is on the same electric circuit as your lounge, if not the power lines will not sync. I would expect the wireless signal strength to deteriorate as it's going to be traveling through brick walls over distance, but that's something you'd have to try and see how it turns out.

I hope this helps, update us if you get a chance as I'd be interested in seeing how this works out for you.

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos