cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll out question - stopped by trees?

Pippinontheroof
Joining in

Hi all...

After years of waiting we recently got leaflets through the door saying virgin cable was coming to our street. Recently a neighbour told me that our end of the street wasn't going to get it after all because of tree roots (we have mature trees on our road). Web postcode and house number still says it's coming...is there anyone I can talk to to confirm the situation?  Cheers.

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is quite possible that VM can’t do ductwork due to tree roots. Any disturbance can kill the trees and that would not be acceptable. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pippinontheroof

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's great to hear that we have plans to come to the area. Have you entered and submitted your details here yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The local Council won't give permission for the pavement to be dug if there are protected trees that might be affected . This goes back to the early days of cable TV when there was less control and many trees were damaged. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I'm sure that's the case but how so I find out if it is? There must be a contact somewhere?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's very difficult to get answers out of VM.

Where did the neighbour hear it?  You could ask the Highways Department at your local Council, they will know if there is a prohibition on digging there. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.