Menu
ohvienna
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Regular T3 timeouts and poor support

Hello. Coming to the forum with this issue as really a last shot to get some proper help and answers for our ongoing situation.

We've been having issues with our service (both broadband and TV) since around June/July but I think the first proper note on the account for this issue is August 2. Our service is really intermittent. The issue is, the TV pixellates and the broadband either goes completely or becomes so slow it's not usable. The most common error on the router is the T3 timeout. The lights will all remain normal on the router, even if we can’t connect at all.

Here are a couple of images of the thinkbroadband monitor I've got running for the past 4 days: 

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 19.42.07.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-26 at 15.53.09.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-27 at 13.13.28.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-28 at 21.41.07.png

Sometimes switching off the plug for the TV (not the router) fixes things, sometimes it doesn't. When the issue is happening, to the help centre our tivo box shows as 0 or offline and the router will also sometimes show as offline.

We've had I think 6 engineers out since the summer for this. Every time an engineer comes out, we are told there is nothing wrong with the equipment in the house. The 3rd to last gave us the new Hub 3. The 2nd to last said there is a noise issue happening, and he'd be authorising work that would happen in the next 7 days to fix it. We did actually see some engineers at the bottom of the road on the 6th day, but nothing was fixed. The last engineer said there was nothing he could do as it's a noise issue, said he'd ring his manager and our situation would be monitored for 7-10 days and we would be contacted to let us know what can be done next. Of course, 10 days have passed and we've heard nothing. We've phoned up and nothing has been mentioned of the monitoring, and yet another engineer is coming out to us on Monday. We don't really want another engineer as they all say the same thing "all the equipment is fine and there is nothing we can do, [insert some excuse here]". At least it's better than the earlier engineers who said "we've changed the connections" or "we've moved you up in the box, it'll definitely work now". 

Sorry for the long rant but this has been an incredibly frustrating experience where there is clearly an issue and we get made various promises, but nothing gets fixed and nobody bothers to get in touch with us when they say they will. It took so long for Virgin to admit and explain the problem rather than fobbing us off.  Coming to the forum to see if anyone has any ideas or further information as the end of the tether is about to be reached really. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regular T3 timeouts and poor support

Hi ohvienna, 

Thanks for getting in touch! I am sorry to learn of your issues with regular T3 time outs, I apologise for troubles incurred.

I have tested things from here and I can see that there's a lot of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs, I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and carry out some further investigations from your end.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos