Menu
emmaclare
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No internet for 2 weeks

My broadband has been down now for 2 weeks. The apps on my TV are working fine, suggesting there is some kind of connection but no wifi.

I have now had enough of Virgin, having had so many issues with speed, downtime and I have to say, the customer service procedure seems to be designed with the intent purpose of making it as hard as possible for customers to communicate with the company. To provide no facility for emailing complaints - the alternative being a chat function that rarely works - is just odd, particularly when that company gives their customers email accounts. The result of this is that customers who work all day are forced to call up at their own inconvenience and usually their own cost, often being kept on hold for far longer than should be acceptable.

My contract is up on 6th February, and I would like to know how I can terminate it. I'd like to be with a provider that actually gives two hoots.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet for 2 weeks

Hi emmaclare, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that you've had no internet for 2 weeks, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can't see anything out of the ordinary from here, no errors or time outs inside the logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

Also, when the connection is off, what lights are on the Hub?

Could you please include a recent copy of your Hubs logs in your response for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos