cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New purpose build flat on the 2nd floor. Can I connect VM if my address not listed

K-Niko
Joining in

Hi all, 

I have moved to a new build flat, which doesn't seem to have fibre to home (FTTH). The options I get from other providers are 44mbps max, which is very slow for the needs of my household. So I was checking Virgin Media as I love VM's packages. But the problem is that when I put my postcode it doesn't have my address and I can only fill out a form for interest, which comes back saying "We're sorry to say that things haven't exactly gone to plan and we can't bring Virgin Media to your area.". 

However, I have heard people saying that Virgin Media might be able to put a line in the flat without connecting internally, but via a cable that goes directly to the flat. I am on the 2nd floor and it's a share of freehold. Any help on how to go about this will be really appreciated. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Flats have to be wired internally if they are anything over 2 floors high. Also, the vast majority of Virgins network is HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial), where the fibre only goes to the master cabinet in an area. The rest of the local network is high grade copper coaxial cable, which cannot use BT Openreach ducts. Did the builder pre-wire with Virgin compliant coaxial cabling? If not you likely have no chance of getting a service from them.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

colinreid
On our wavelength

If you speak to a guy called Dr8B4II on Reddit who is from the UK he looks after engineers and he might be able to take a look for you.

Kind regards

Colin,

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey K-Niko, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this.

I am going to send you a PM and take some details from you, please look out for my PM in your inbox. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?