Menu
voyage34
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New build, cable ready - Virgin seemingly disinterested in taking my money

So I've moved into a new build property which has a CATV box literally five feet from my front door and my house is cabled up internally and has extremely visible cable hanging out waiting to be joined up to the infrastructure, but the post code checker thinks that service is unavailable in my street (despite houses all around me on the street having service).

I phoned customer services weeks ago and was told that a spotter would come out to check availability and I heard nothing. So I phone every week and ask what is going on and am every time I'm told that I should have heard by now and that they'll email the person and ask them to phone me back that day. Nobody ever phones back. Pretty shoddy customer service in my view.

So, what do I do? I'm sitting here willing to throw money at Virgin for phone, broadband and TV but it seems impossible to actually get anywhere.

Anyone have any tips on what to do next?

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build, cable ready - Virgin seemingly disinterested in taking my money

Hi voyage34

Thanks for getting in touch about the new build property, and a warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear that no one has yet got back to you regarding the new build connection options and I'd like to do what I can to support you with this.

Can I ask if you have also filled in your information on our Cable My Street site too?

I appreciate you're not far from the existing infrastructure, less than a stones throw away by the sounds of it, but filling this form in gives us trackable evidence of interest and the more we have the more likely we are to include the property into our existing infrastructure and network.

Of course if there is more than one new build there, then getting the neighbours to sign up too is always a help Smiley Happy

Additionally you can contact Sales via 0800 183 1234 where they would look at booking a spotter again for you if this is a feasible option for us.

I'll pop over a pm to you that you can find in the next to your name on the forums on the right too and once I can take the address information from you I can also flag this to the teams our end to see if they too can support.

I look forward to hearing back from you Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos