cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving broadband external cable and damaged cable

59Dorchester
Joining in

Good evening,

I have a couple of issues with my VM external broadband cable as it's first of all damaged (don't know what happened), and second it run in my neighbour property and I need to move it on my side of the fence. Could a VM engineer sort this out for me?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @59Dorchester 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you wish us. 

I am so sorry that this has happened and thank you again for posting. Would you be able to upload a picture of the cable for us so we can see the damaged part? 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This may be a coincidence and entirely unconnected, but there is a report on here by someone who had a Virginmedia cable run across their property without permission, to connect a neighbour.  Not surprisingly, they were advised to remove it.

Whether or not this is the same case, you need to contact Customer Service and ask them to install the cable properly. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi, 

No I checked, it's someone else but it's very funny. 

Hi there @59Dorchester 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you wish us. 

I am so sorry that this has happened and thank you again for posting. Would you be able to upload a picture of the cable for us so we can see the damaged part? 

59Dorchester
Joining in

16986557135165305874395089720730.jpg

 this Is the damage. Also the cable runs into the other side of the fence as in picture and it needs to be on my side. 

Thanks

Thanks for this photo, I will send you a PM now so we can look at getting this fixed.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we have managed to get this resolved for you please do keep us updated. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?