Menu
robinpsavage
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet DROP OUT

Hi guys and girls, I've read a few of these posts already but haven't found a fix yet  so i thought i would tell you my issues and see if anyone can help.

I have an imac 2010, 32GB memory, I have the 100MB virgin media package, my router is in the other room about 25 foot away from the computer and i'm connecting to the computer wireless. My internet drops out every 30 seconds, the page I'm trying to load just freezes and if i have my network diagnostics window open (in system preferences) at the same time, i can see the ISP fails and turns red along with internet and server. If i hit start over it re connects and the lights all go green. But then the problem happens again, so i can't use the internet which sucks, as this is the 1st week of being with virgin media, I'm just hoping it's not a mac/virgin issue otherwise I'm going to need to cancel my contract anf go with someone else.

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet DROP OUT

Hi Rob, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your broadband connection dropping, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I've tested the connection from this side and I noticed that your Hub is offline, is this due to it being switched off from your end? If so, please switch it on and post back here at a time when it will be on and available for testing. 

If it is not due to it being switched off from your end, then an engineer will be required to attend and resolve things for you.  I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there if this is not due to it being switched off from your end and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos