Menu
andy-l
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation Issue - New Flat

Hi, i am wondering if anyone can help with an installation issue i am experiencing.

I have just moved in to a new flat that is wired for Virgin with wall sockets etc. My original installation date was the 8th of July but when the engineer arrived he could not gain access to the maintenance cupboard by the entrance of the building. 

Apparently he needed access to this cupboard to proceed with the installation. None of the keys i have worked so he said i would need to contact the property manager to obtain access and re-arrange the installation.

He said that he has already installed Virgin for someone else in the building but when he arrived on that day the building work was still going on and cupboard was open.

I contacted my landlord who said that they don't give residents access to it and that Virgin Media would need to contact the property managers (Belgarum) to obtain access. 

Since then Virgin have automatically re-arranged the installation for this Thursday 20th July.

I have just called the Virgin installation team who suggested that that are forms that need to be filled out for this to go ahead and that i should wait for the engineer to arrive on Thursday so he can explain what needs to happen. 

My issue is that the engineer has already been to the property, and explained what needs to be done. 

All i need is for Virgin to contact Belgarum to gain access to this maintenance cupboard so they can install the services. 

It has now been nearly a month since i ordered broadband services and i would like them installed as soon as possible. No cabling needs to be done the service just needs to be enabled for my flat in the building. 

I hope someone can offer some advice. 

Thanks.

Andy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Issue - New Flat

Forum staff usually take about a week to reply so I doubt they'll get to you before the tech comes on Thursday.

Dave.

0 Kudos
andy-l
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone help with this issue? I re-arranged the installation for the 29th July.

0 Kudos
andy-l
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

10 days and no response? Very unsatisfied customer. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi andy-l

Many thanks for getting in touch with us on the forums.

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you, when you pop back on your post you delay our response time if you reply back as we work on the date order of the latest post on the thread.

With respect to the installation and the key needed etc, I can see that our PIC teams (Pre install care) have spoken to you a few days after you posted and you are aware if the imminent date for connection.

Let us know how this goes for you Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos