cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5

Markab17
Tuning in

Hi, I'm new to Virgin media / broadband. I received my hub 5 on Friday. It's not working but at least it arrived. Not being an expert on WiFi etc, I just wondered if the hub 5 is any good ?   In the advert s  it was saying something about Gig1.  I'm guessing that's fairly fast ?  I honestly don't know. My ex partner was in charge of the TV and WiFi so I never touched it. Now I have my own.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub 5 will only give you 1Gb if that is what you pay VM for. 

If it is broken, phone VM and get a replacement.  As for is it any good, I don't have any complaints about mine.  However, everybody has differing opinions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What colour is its light and is it flashing or steady ?

Did you sign up for the 1GB package ?  Did you get TV too?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

When I switch it on the white light comes on. After ten seconds or so the white light will slowly start flashing. After a minute or so it goes to a red light flashing. It does this every time I try it. I have tried re - setting it, turning it on and off, checking the connections etc. Still a red flashing light. Yeah I signed up for the 1gb package. I didn't get TV. I don't really watch TV. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So the Hub is working but the circuit is down.  It will most likely be the cable is disconnected somewhere.  Could be outside or in the street cabinet.  You will need a VM technician to resolve. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First thing is to check for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

If there are no issues reported check that the Hub is "activated" onto your account.  Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (follow options) and check with them. You will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of the Hub (take a photo of its base sticker for reference) and also know your account number/password.

If they say it is on there - you need to call it in as a fault - free on 150 (VM line)  or 0345 454 1111 others (national rate). See what they say when they test your connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.