Menu
marinermax
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Helpless and Frustrated - The Curse of the Internet Provider

Year after year I find myself screwed over by internet companies. Last year, I signed up to Sky & it took 2 months to get our internet set up, and even then there were constant problems.

So this year I decided to go with Virgin Media, a company that claims to 'achieve great things' and offers 'multi-award winning services'. 

After waiting over a month, having to submit various forms, a 'pre-installation visit' and multiple phone calls, an engineer was finally scheduled to come on Saturday Dec 3rd. I received several confirmations by phone and email, waited 1-6pm (as instructed) on the day....and, of course, no one shows up. No explanation, nothing. I've been trying to get hold of somebody, anybody to explain what happened, why we were not informed and what happens next. Yesterday, my partner spent over an hour on the phone to customer services, got passed around 3 different people and still nothing was solved.

I am beyond furious now. I have wasted so much time and money. The local media consultant we've been dealing with is absolutely useless. The whole thing has been a huge inconvenience and has caused an enormous amount of stress. At this stage I really don't know what else to do or who to contact.

If anyone has any advice, or a number to ring, I would greatly appreciate it!

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Helpless & Frustrated - The Curse of the Internet Provider

Hi there marinermax,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry for the installation delay and for any inconvenience caused.

I would like to help and take a look at your account for more information in regards to this. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details. Once you have replied I will check this for you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos