Menu
auroraonline
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Delayed installation...

hi

I signed up to VM on 10th Nov 2016, with installation booked on 25th. Told on 24th that it was not possible due to 'construction issues' and quoted a 4-6 week delay.

Despite this they were quick enough to take £25 installation fee, and I regularly receive named maildrops claiming i can now 'join up'. Yet when I contact VM for an updated installation date, 'construction issues' still stand.

Although, I was foolish enough to cancel my Sky account when the VM installation was booked in, the helpful people at Sky were good enough to offer a 60% discount to remain with them for a further 12 months.

I realise that 'construction issues' sometimes require outside approval from councils/highways etc, but surely these things should be verified before offering services, and certainly before fleecing prospective customers of £25 installation fee!

thanks

Ryan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed installation...

Hi Ryan

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the delayed installation Smiley Sad

I am sorry that this has happened and appreciate that this is an inconvenience to you. I understand that this additional delay is not ideal and would like to thank you for taking the time to join us on the forums.

With respect to the installation issues not being picked up beforehand, our system shows if the services are cabled and on the network when we book this with you initially. Usually a day or two before we send out a pre call engineer who then checks to see if the cabling is rodded through the ducting with no issues and if there is a problem we then generally advise at the time that work may need to be done based on their estimate.

In order to keep up to date with our teams regarding this you can contact them via 0345 045 0595 from Mon-Sat 8.30am-7pm

If you could let us know if you need anything else and we'll do our best to support you with this.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos