cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Council or National Highways?

elrasho
On our wavelength

Hello,

I was due to have Virgin broadband installed at my house on March 25th.

However it was delayed to April 6th as they hadn't got the permits  to authorise the work. I have been told again by Virgin it is now delayed until May 6th as they still haven't been given permission to dig up the pavement to install the cable.

I've contacted both the local Council and National Highways who each say the other is responsible to authorise the permit to allow Virgin to install the cable at my house.

Does anyone know who it actually is? I can't afford for the install to be delayed again.

Thanks 
3 REPLIES 3

elrasho
On our wavelength

Update from Council is that all the work was completed in March so I have no idea why an engineer could not come today and they changed the date to May instead. The email said it was down to not having the correct permits but they have got them... I even have the permit numbers and can see the work was done outside my house when I look at the pavement.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The lie about waiting for permission is used by subcontractors when they are not ready to do the job for their own reasons. The last permission timed out so they will ask again in May (or June).

Be sure that you keep records of all contacts with VM as you will be due for considerable compensation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @elrasho 

Welcome to the community forums 

So sorry to hear that your installation has been delayed due to requiring permits and permissions. It could be that there were additional works needed to complete the install. I appreciate the frustration that these delays may cause, unfortunately, they can happen due to the way we provide our network. 

Has a team been keeping you up-to-date with any changes and chasing for your install at their side? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley