cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contractor Trespass and damage

jruk1981
Tuning in

Good Morning,

My neighbour has recently had Virgin cable installed and this was done whilst so was away from home. The contractor has connected in front of my property and damaged my hedge and left concrete and crisp packets on my property whilst running the Green conduit through my garden.

My intention is to disconnect the cable at the pavement to prevent it entering my garden but I can see from previous complaint posts you have been able to resolve the reported issues. Is it possible you can resolve this? I would rather not leave my neighbour without service but then again I shouldn’t have  people trespassing on my property. 
My neighbour has a connection point in front of their property so this was totally unnecessary. Can you contact me to resolve?

Thanks in advance

James

7 REPLIES 7

Hosay299
Superfast

HI one of the team will message u back in the next few days. seems odd to do what they have done

i would also speak with ur next door and see why this has happended as they might need to report the issue to as could result in a lose of service down the line for a while 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jruk1981 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this happening and I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

3 weeks and still nothing! After Virgin contacted me to say they would follow up each week to ensure the matter was resolved, this didn’t happen once. 

The options are that I disconnect the cable on my land or Virgin pay me for the access across my land. I will leave it for a further 7 days by which time that will have been 4 weeks!

If not happy with service log formal complaint 

Thanks for coming back to the thread @jruk1981, and I'm sorry to hear that this is ongoing.

I see that one of my colleagues picked this up and sent you a private message to help get this resolved for you.

We would advise getting back in contact with them to gain an update, or for the potential chasing for an update to be undertaken so we can get this resolved as soon as possible for you.

Thanks,

David_Bn

@jruk1981 wrote:

3 weeks and still nothing! After Virgin contacted me to say they would follow up each week to ensure the matter was resolved, this didn’t happen once. 

The options are that I disconnect the cable on my land or Virgin pay me for the access across my land. I will leave it for a further 7 days by which time that will have been 4 weeks!

Four weeks age, in your original post you said that your intention was to ‘disconnect the cable at the pavement’. Have you done so? You haven’t have you? And VM know, or well, suspect, that you won’t - from their perspective you were just mouthing off weren’t you? They will do nothing (possibly spin you along with PMs from the forum team, which will go nowhere), and they are mostly sure that you will ultimately do nothing and just suck it up. Meanwhile there’s a cable across your property.

Please look at it from VM’s perspective, your neighbour is  all connected up, they are getting money from your neighbour, so it’s all good. Why would they spend money pitching up to move a cable if they feel they don’t need to?

Nothing will happen until you go out and physically cut the cables on your property. Yes it will cut off your neighbour, sucks to be them, just how well do you get on with them? And if and when a tech turns up to reconnect them, you deny them access to your property. And should they reconnect to your’s while you are out, rinse and repeat!

I’m sorry, but unless you are prepared to, well basically, go nuclear, on this, it’ll go nowhere.

Hosay299
Superfast

I would be opening a formal ceo office complaint as they have more powers than others