Menu
Jasminebored
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband quick start installation issue regarding Virgin media wall socket

I ordered the broadband deal without phone line, I explained to live chat I didn't have a box in my flat, but there's a box by the main front door, so they arranged an engineer to come Tue morning. The box arrived in the post Friday, but Ive hardly got any 3g internet tethering left, I can't use the Virgin, is there any way to connect it myself? Would I need to connect it to the front door by cable? (that would get in the way of the first flat to mine? )

Also effectively I'm paying for something I can't use till Tue, Virgin couldn't get anyone out Mon, I know its New Years etc, only Tue morning which is inconvenient, which is annoying, and they couldn't provide one later in the day. Where would the box likely to be inside my flat?

I can't find it anywhere, only a BT socket and a TV cable. I have a feeling I'm just going to have to wait, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Its NOT a cable specific question, its been posted in the wrong forum originally, and I had an answer which didn't help in the cable forum.

Further explanation: 

In the how to set up your Virgin broadband guide, all you do is put the cable in the virgin media wall socket, then two connectors in the hub, plug in the power socket, and get the said and password from the hub and connect.

I can easily do that myself.

What I wanted to know was do I connect the cable to the main door Virgin media wall socket, and run it to my flat, or do I need a virgin media wall socket in my flat, as I only have a BT socket there? 

You can install this yourself, you have the option to or to get an engineer out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband quick start installation issue regarding Virgin media wall socket

Hi Jasminebored,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had trouble with the install of your services.

I've located your account and I can see the team has already been out to set this up for you. Is everything working OK now? Also, I can see the team has applied a credit for the loss of service between receiving the equipment and the technicians installing it.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos