cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another tale of woe

Frustrated-x10
On our wavelength

Ordered Virgin media ultimate volt 18th January 2023, with engineer due 2nd Feb for connection.

That was delayed till 20th Feb, when gang turned up to pull cable but found no T outside property.

Permit obtained off council and T installed early Feb.

A week later gang turned up again to pull cable but had to cross a busy road so delayed to an overnight pull.

A few days later overnight pull found  blockage so couldn't do anything as a de-silt was needed. A couple of days later email stating new install date of 30th March.

22nd March Virgin rang to say can someone be home on the 30th for installation.

27th March email to say installation delayed again to 28th April stating outside work

That's 6 weeks since de-silt needed and no one has bothered to rectify it.

I've been lied to about work permits being required, knowing someone in the council highways department I've been in contact with proves the lies.

I've been passed from person to person when I've rang in to see what's going on,  having to repeat the same over and over again, and been cut off numerous times.

No one seems to know what's the hold up with my install.

If I'd have known it would be this long winded at the off, I wouldn't have bothered.

Totally fed up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We can understand the frustration caused by this delay @Frustrated-x10 . I can see you have also already raised a complaint regarding this which has been raised to the relevant team. Please bare with our team while we work to get your service up and running. You can call our pre-installation team directly at 0800 052 1734  where they can give you updates.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's nothing personal, this happens frequently as you can see from browsing these pages. 

Be sure to keep a record of all the date promises, as you will be entitled to compensation when the connection is finally installed. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

and whatever happens dont cancel even if you go elsewhere - let them install and if needed then cancel in the 14day cooling off period and take your fiver a day from day one less any days delay for permits - but keep on top of that as they are likely to say it was weeks rather than the few days it actually takes for a permit

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony,  yes I'm keeping all details.

Reading across this forum I have a contract that says on it provisional installation date of 2nd Feb 2023. Hopefully that won't mess up any possible compensation? 

As for permits, only the original one for the T in pavement was ever applied for, and that one was granted within 50 mins.

Hey Frustrated-x10,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your installation, this is far from the service that we should be providing to any of our customers. 

I have looked into this and the notes state that we need night work to be carried out to complete the re-pull of the cabling, which is what I assume that you have already been told by the team, when you last spoke to them. We wouldn't be able to provide any more information at this time as to why its taking so long to get the works carried out. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Steven,

Its not a re pull that's needed, it's a de-silt.

This has been known over 6 weeks now and I've been told permits required, which I've proved to be a lie speaking to the council's highways supervisor.

Its just complete incompetence and lies all around.

Just do 1 job at a time and complete it fully,  instead of half heartedly coming back to it whenever you feel like it, leaving the customer in no man's land.

We can understand the frustration caused by this delay @Frustrated-x10 . I can see you have also already raised a complaint regarding this which has been raised to the relevant team. Please bare with our team while we work to get your service up and running. You can call our pre-installation team directly at 0800 052 1734  where they can give you updates.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A,

You are correct, a complaint has been raised on 3rd March 2023, it was last updated by your team on 9th March 2023, and I've heard nothing since sorry from cancelling another install date.

As for calling the install team, what's the point, I never get the truth so it's just a waste of my time.

Looks like returning to Sky, I've never been messed about by them like I have with Virgin.

@Frustrated-x10 wrote:

Akua_A,

You are correct, a complaint has been raised on 3rd March 2023, it was last updated by your team on 9th March 2023, and I've heard nothing since sorry from cancelling another install date.

As for calling the install team, what's the point, I never get the truth so it's just a waste of my time.

Looks like returning to Sky, I've never been messed about by them like I have with Virgin.

Don’t call the ‘install team’, after all, why should you? You have contracted with Virgin Media to provide a service, which they said would be live from xx date, and it wasn’t, the onus isn’t on you to chase this up. Do bear in mind that you are entitled to compensation of £5.25 for each and every day past the first ‘promised’ installation date until such time as VM get you connected up or you cancel, or they cancel (which actually won’t happen as they are far too fundamentally incompetent to do so). Yes, OK, there will be a slight battle to get the compo you are entitled to, but some of us on here are really quite good at giving the appropriate advice!

@Frustrated-x10 wrote:

Steven,

Its not a re pull that's needed, it's a de-silt.

This has been known over 6 weeks now and I've been told permits required, which I've proved to be a lie speaking to the council's highways supervisor.

Its just complete incompetence and lies all around.

Just do 1 job at a time and complete it fully,  instead of half heartedly coming back to it whenever you feel like it, leaving the customer in no man's land.

A "de-silt" has to be booked with highways by VM and date agreed for work, and would appear on roadworks.org. Basically your duct/chamber with the cables is full of mud.