Menu
Sidempsey81
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Amazing (ly bad) Customer Service

Wow. Just wow.

I've been a Virgin customer for less than 3 months, having made the terrible error of switching from Sky. In this time I have had nothing but issues including late installation and multiple service dropouts.

My broadband and TV have been dropping out intermittently throughout this week and this morning I called to try to get a resolution. The customer services staff were polite but only focused on fixing the immmediate issue, refusing to address the long term reliability problem with the consistency of their service.

I have spent a good 3 hours of my precious Sunday time trying to get someone to help, only to be passed around various Indian call centres and put on hold for repeated 10 minute intervals.

Having had 3 months worth of non stop issues with the service now, in addition to my experience today, I asked to be put through to the cancellation team. All I wanted to do at this stage was to understand my notice period to leave a contract that Virgin cannot service effectively. I was put on hold for another ten minutes. Yep, that will calm me down...

When I finally got through to a UK based person (seemingly a very rare commodity at Virgin), I was told that I would have pay £200 to be released from my contract for a service that works only intermittently. The only other option would be to have an engineer come out 3 times in a 30 day period and be unable to solve the problem, only then would Virgin concede that they could not solve the issue and release me from my contract.

So just to clarify, if I have two broadband or TV service issues PER MONTH! as my contract progresses, I will have to take that as perfectly acceptable service or pay £200 to get out of my contract and go to Sky (who are more than happy to price match Virgin btw). Unbelievable!

The central issue is that my local VM infrastructure is obviously not up to the job that it is supposed to perform (suspect a full cables cabinet), but rather than make an investment, fix this and gain satisfied customers, Virgin seem happier to lure customers in, fail to deliver their service proposition and trap consumers with a £200 bounty.

This is the worst customer experience I have ever encountered in the U.K. And has left me shocked. Anyone else recognise this story?

Any response from anyone with any authority at Virgin?
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazing (ly bad) Customer Service

Hi there Sidempsey81,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am so sorry to read of your experience of calling through to us and of the broadband issues. I can imagine how frustrating this must be and I would like to help as much as I can.

As I was unable to locate your account to check your connection, can you please send me a Private Message confirming your address? I will be able to look into this for you.

Look forward to hearing from you 

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos