Menu
ajwhyte
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

broadband box blinking all the time!!!!

For about the last 2 months my Wi-Fi and broadband box (Super Hub) has not been working! I've resetting everything and I talked to the helpline and they said it would be fixed soon, no help at all its been 6 more weeks.

the double arrow on the hub flashes quickly blue and the tick is sometimes perm green or flashing. My Wi-Fi has never been so bad I and I haven't touch the box at all. No clue what to do anymore.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband box blinking all the time!!!!

The double arrow light is supposed to flash blue. it is just indicating traffic on the DOCSIS 3 network.

However, the tick light should be solid blue to indicate connection to the DOCSIS 3 network. If it is flashing then your hub is disconnecting from the network.

There is obviously a fault and 6 weeks does sound like a long time for this type of fault to be fixed. I take it you have tried rebooting the hub.

Posting some basic diagnostic info may help.

Navigate to the hub's GUI using http://192.168.100.1
Don't log in, click the Router Status button in the top right of the screen.
Copy \ Paste the Downstream, Upstream, and Network Logs.

Don't worry about the formatting.

A VM Forum team member should pick up yje thread in about a week and give you a definative answer on what is wrong.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband box blinking all the time!!!!

Hi ajwhyte, 

Thanks for letting me know that your Super Hub and WiFi have not been working correctly for 2 months or so, I apologise for any troubles incurred. I promise to do my best to help get this resolved for you.

I have tested the connection from here and I can see that your Hubs logs have a very high number of T3 time outs across the upstream channels, I would like for this to be investigated further by one of our engineers.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos