Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 41 kudos

Frequent disconnections - High POST RS Errors

Hi, Just recently received the new HUB 5 and upgraded from the HUB 4. I'm seeing frequent drop outs and disconnects.Upon looking at the network status tab on the HUB5, I see what my pre and post RS is through the roof on the majority of the channels....

monks600 by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

DNS ISSUES

Hi All,As you all know by now there is a mass outage at Virgin Media,.My Team and I have found the issue to be with Virgin Media's DNS servers, if you manually configure your devices's DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 you will use an alternative D...

Hub 5 not found

Had my hub 3 swapped for a hub 5 four days ago. Since swapping the wifi pod doesn’t work (constantly flashing white light) and the Virgin Connect app can’t find the hub. So now in a house with nine rooms I have wifi in one room. I have deleted the Ap...

Websafe

Evening,please can you show me how to disable websafe, unable to do it inside the router. can’t find on the app and just loops round. please advise 

HUB 3 - WEAK WIFI SECURITY

With the regular loss of wifi and Weak Security it suggest to use WPA 3, but when I go into the Hub 3 it doesn’t give me the option to change to WPA 3.  The Hardversion is: 10 and the Software Version is: 9.1.2109.200.   Also says IPv4 Lease expires ...

Dinger by Dialled in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Absolute rubbish customer service

I've been trying to find a way of requesting a Wifi pod to boost upstairs, less than 18M downloads. I cant as I am not on a gigabit contract. On my contract upgrade page, 1 gig gigabit contract doesn’t exist (volt). yet if you look at new offers, an ...

Speed issue - getting 10.5Mbps on 1 Gb package

Got the upload boost to 104Mbps, shame my Download speed is only 10.5Mbps on my 1Gb package. Is it sad that I, after 18 months was over the moon to be getting 250-300 Mbps for the couple of weeks leading upto this recent upgrade, now it's tanked agai...

Splitting channels hub 5

Been running hub 3 with split channels  as have some 2 and 5htz so need to split them  ring doorbell ps4 hive heating.upgraded to 1gb connection and got hub 5. I get as far as splitting channels but when I rename then 2 and 5 on end can’t get a conne...

Red light on Hub

Have a read light on my hub. Done the usual stuff, reset, power off etc. Connection is fine but other replies on the board state it has overheated and needs replacing. Posting this as I don't have the time to sit on hold with customer services so hop...

MikeW6 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos