Menu
marlinsfanjames
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi not working, dropping continuously. Unusable

Hi

Does anybody know if there is a problem with the internet in the Colchester area? (There's nothing showing on the myvirgin help page.)

Over the past few days we've had wildly varying speeds anything from 1Mbps to 135 Mbps (we're supposed to have up to 150) and the router just stops working after about 10 minutes of use. (The blue arrow light turns green.) The internet stopping working after 10 minutes or so and the blue arrow turning green is now a daily occurrence.

All the leads are plugged into the the router, we've rebooted it multiple times. Often without any effect. Then when we're out at work and the internet is not being used it suddenly the arrow turns blue and the router starts working again. (At a good speed 135 Mbps) But for all of 10 minutes. Then it turns green and the internet is unusable.

We're thoroughly fed up. Never had this problem before, the router is fairly new (last year given to us when we upgraded speeds) and this problem has only been happening over the past week. Could a moderator get in touch?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi not working, dropping continuously. Unusable

Hi marlinsfanjames, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with broadband dropping continuously, I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that all you're only locking onto one upstream channel, This will need to be addressed by one of our engineers.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos