Menu
katied
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Interference

I have a Super Hub 3.0 installed in the living room of a very small flat. In my bedroom (which is separated from the living room by a small hallway), I am unable to hold a constant network signal. The bars on the Wifi are all there, but if I look at my Network Diagnostics on my Mac, I see that typically the Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Settings and Network Settings are all green; however, the ISP, Internet, and Server often waver between green, yellow and red. The internet will stop working when it turns yellow or red. 

I have experimented with changing the different broadband channels thinking that the issue may be interference, but I have been unable to isolate the problem. It seems to not work properly across the board. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? There are no large items, microwaves, mirrors or anything else between the router and the bedroom. If I call Virgin Media, they say everything looks fine from their end and that they can't help me and ask me to restart the router again and again. Would a powerline help this issue by extending the network?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Interference

Yes - a pair of Powerline adapters, one of them WiFi enabled are highly likely to solve your problem. It's what I've done for much the same reason in a larger home.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos