Menu
MrPlankton
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Disconnects after two days

I have a strange problem with my router that im hoping you guys would be able to shed some light on:
I've had my internet set up for over a year, I've been running an XBOX one (wired connection) and a Laptop and Phone (Wireless) without encountering any problems.

The issue i have is that I also use a Tablet and a separate laptop for work, but for some reason these only connect to the 2.4ghz connection on the Hub, the 5ghz doesn't show in the network list, but they are a bit on the old side so i don't think they are capable of receiving a 5ghz signal?

The problem is that the Laptop and Tablet will connect to the network fine for about two days, then they will become disconnected and upon trying to reconnect, a message of "Unable to connect to network" will display. The only way to get it to work is the rebbot the router. The password doesn't change and all of the connections on the 5ghz are unaffected. 

Does anybody know what the problem could be? any help or advice will be appreciated.
(Router is a SuperHub 2ac)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Disconnects after two days

Hello MrPlankton,

Welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the connection problems you're experiencing.

You've hit the nail on the head about the older devices, not every device is compatible with 5GhZ. It sounds to me like there could be a bit of wireless interference on your 2G network. You can improve this by changing the operating wireless channel. If you log into your Superhub and change the channel for the 2G network, it should help.

Take a look at this help article - Changing the Virgin Media router's wireless channel / frequency for instructions.

Please let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos