Menu
bigjonrose
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wi-fi dropping, and lack of support from virgin

Hello all, first post and it's a big whingey one!

I have been having problems with my router since being upgraded to 150 mb service

It's dropping like a good un, since before Christmas

I have been ringing 150 and been asking for help/ new router as the service at times is down for over an hour and I have had no joy

The last person said that the replacement of routers is something that doesn't happen, so is this down to me to go to another ISP, been with virgin/ntl/cable and wireless for years and this is the first really bad service that I have received

Really disappointed with this

Big unhappy face :-(

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-fi dropping, and lack of support from virgin

Hi, 1stly it normally takes around a week or so of no activity on a thread for a member of staff to read and respond to a message on here.

They will then probably look at your levels and if these are the problem then call an engineer to sort it.

Before that though its best to rule out a few things.

Your title says Wifi dropping, however is it a problem with your wifi or with your internet connection.

So does a wired connection work ok ?

its also worth logging onto your router and getting some stats and posting them here.

so go to http://192.168.0.1

Click on 'Check router status'

click on Downstream and Upstream and post those values here.

Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-fi dropping, and lack of support from virgin

Hi bigjonrose, 

Thank you for taking the time to post about your performance issues such as your WiFi dropping, I apologise for any inconvenience caused and also for feeling like you haven't been supported, I will endeavour to do my very best to ensure this gets resolved for you.

I have run some checks on your connection from this side and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, when the WiFi drops what does the Hubs light sequence indicate?

Have you tried changing the wireless channels to see if that helps to improve performance for you?

Here's some useful information on getting the best wireless networking signal, I hope there's some information of use to you.

Does the connection drop even when connected directly via ethernet cable?

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos