Menu
dobstotev
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Which router would you recommend to replace the VM Hub?

Hey guys, I recently joined VM with VIVID 100 Package but as everyone knows their router is **bleep**EEEEEEEEEEE - basically, I get wifi signal in my living room, the rest of the rooms nor the bedrooms have any wifi signal, not to mention the garden at the back. The house is a 2-bed house not big at all and still, the router struggles with the signal. 

What router would you recommend to get a decent signal across the rooms?

In the past, I've used a basic TP-Link and it worked super great and is like £14 but I decide to ask here as there might be better ones that don't cost too much. 

0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Which router would you recommend to replace the VM Hub?

Hi Dob,

depending on budget and if you're just looking for strong wireless performance there are a good number of hi-powered WiFi cable routers out there.

A really good all-in-one type solution (although not as well known) would be the Synology router. The one linked is the 2600ac but there is also a 1900ac.

You also have well-known brands such as Linksys, Netgear, Asus and TP-Link that will all do decent hardware but features are again mainly price dependent.

I personally use the Linksys WRT1900ac, very good performance both wired and wireless and rock solid stability.

You also have options such as Ubiquity which have a silly mesh Wi-Fi system, in fact if you search for Mesh Wi-Fi you're likely to find some very good solutions if wireless is your main driver for a purchase of hardware.

Firstly I'd set a budget you're comfortable with and go from there.

0 Kudos