cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI pods

AC2110
Joining in

Hey there,

I live in a townhouse with the router on the middle floor. About a year ago I got a WiFi pod for a room down stairs as we had a black spot. The pod continues to perform OK and I need another now as we now have devices on the top floor as the children grow and the WiFi is non existent. How do I go about getting another WiFi pod?

Also, would be interesting to see how others hub perform WiFi wise. I get great speeds when on the same floor as the router but as soon as you put a floor in between the signal its pretty much non existent.

Our router is as central to the kiddle floor as possible and in an open space.

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pods always work better when they are Ethernet cabled back to the hub. In this case there is only one WiFi hop not two. You can get a much better signal to the device since the pods can be in the same location as the device and not mid way between the hub and the device.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey AC2110, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with trying to order a pod.

The best way to get a pod order is download the Virgin Connect app, from here do a scan.

If the scan picks up that you need another pod it will allow you to order another.

However they can be chargeable depending what package you on.

They are free on Volt, 1GB or Oomph bundles. 

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?