cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI no internet connection on phones

BalintH
Joining in

Hi,

I have ran into an issue with my WIFI lately and I can't seem to find a solution. I have an Android phone and when it connects to the WIFI, I get a notification saying that the network doesn't have internet connection. Whenever I connect with my Android tablet, PC or my Mac, there are no issues, WIFI works just fine and I have internet. My flatmates have the similar problems on their devices as well, although for some of them both the phone and computers work, but the ones with older phones and PCs seem to face the same issue.

Does anyone have a solution for something like this? We have tried rebooting the router and the issue remains, and it's getting really annoying.

Thanks in advance,

Balint

5 REPLIES 5

fizz
Fibre optic

what version hub do you have

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BalintH,

Thank you for reaching out tom us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear some of yours and your flat mates devices won't connect to the Router, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues, if you have a Hub 5.0 this is WiFi 6 and some older devices may not be compatible.

Regards

Paul.

I have Hub 5.0, was working fine on all devices until last weekend.

Client62
Legend

Check the Hub 5 menu - ensure Wi-Fi Pausing and MAC Filtering are not preventing access.
Use the menu, the VM Connect app can not be trusted with this task.

Check the devices that do not connect, what has the Hub 5 DHCP server delivered as IP, Gateway & DNS ?
We are expecting to see an IP in the range 192.168.0.xxx and the Gateway set to 192.168.0.1

Hi BalintH 👋 Thanks for getting back to us!

Sorry to hear about these issues with your Wi-Fi on some devices. It may be a coverage issue! We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can investigate further and offer support!

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly