Menu
Alexis1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WIFI Speed - snails pace

Hi, I have Virgins 200mb service, but everything I try and watch on catch up buffers and stops every few seconds. The picture quality also drops, indicating signal strength issues.

It has been this way pretty much since installation, the speed test shows it is quick, but obviously the speed test results are not backed up by real life results. (As an FYI, the show the kids were watching started buffering immediately, so I got my laptop out switched it on, set up my login to the Virgin community, after looking for some answers on the website, and have typed this email, and it is still buffering in the same spot, needless to say the kids are not happy).

It also impacts watching stuff on other devices.

Does anyone have any pointers to speed it up, as currently it is not delivering and is driving us all mad.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI Speed - snails pace

Hi there Alexis1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are experiencing issues with your broadband service.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which can cause slow speeds/buffering. The reference number is F005155755 and has a review date of 30th November.

Do you notice this issue at all times of the day or just peak hours?

Does this happen if you are connected via Ethernet?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos