Re: super hub 2

hi there i have done it woop Smiley Happy

lisa x
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 242 of 259
Flag for a moderator

Re: super hub 2

I don't usually blow my own trumpet, but feel free to use my lovely passphrase/password generators.  Free of all charge and once saved, they'll work offline.

If folk require longer CAT5/6 cable, try this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R1.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcat5+.TR... where you can obtain up to 305 metres of the stuff.  You can even roll your own!  Or, if you're incredibly lucky (as I was last year), you can get Belkin 10m Cat5 in http://www.poundland.co.uk/ which wasn't advertised anywhere at the time.  However, 50m outdoor grade for £15 is a very good deal on ebay.  For those with an Amazon acount: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cat5+cable

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
bella565
Joining in
Message 243 of 259
Flag for a moderator

Changed password on Superhub but now won't work

Hi

I changed the password on my superhub 2 modem from changeme and wrote it down on a piece of paper.   I've logged in a few times since then as I believe someone had managed to gain access to our hub, hence the change of password.

I have now tried to log in again and the password won't work.  I've reset the box three times now and it will not revert back to factory settings.

I'm very concerned that someone has gained access to our hub again as the password won't work like it did before.  

Can someone help?  Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 244 of 259
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed password on Superhub but now won't work

Hello bella565,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Big apologies for the problems you're having with your connection at the moment. I was going to suggest sending you a replacement Hub, but when I've tested your network I've noticed that your power levels are out of range. So I think it's best to arrange for an engineer to call around and I'll ensure they have a new Hub on truck. I'll send you the appointment info via PM (purple envelope, top right).

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Will3
On our wavelength
Message 245 of 259
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media WiFi Security

Then send me a new hub. Please. If that is what it takes to fix this problem then send me one of your chinese clone hubs. at least one that works. ( pink would be nice)
0 Kudos
Will3
On our wavelength
Message 246 of 259
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed password on Superhub but now won't work

I have a mark 1 router. And it is buggered. Can I have a new router and a purple envelope?

0 Kudos
Will3
On our wavelength
Message 247 of 259
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thousands of customers ‘at risk’ following Virgin Media hack - Super Hub 2

Do not worry. ( bugger! people will think this is advertising) . che (its not) ck out Bitdefender. Free 90 days and then drops to free edition, no cards, no cash, no ads. But, for three months you get to rinse your system. Not advertizing, just common sense

0 Kudos
kpnutz954
Joining in
Message 248 of 259
Flag for a moderator

So this was the panic last June 2017.

Now (16th October 2017) we are being told that the by the Mail online along side many hacking forums, that All WiFi networks are vulnerable to hacking as the recommended WPA2 security settings used in all Virgin routers is no longer safe.

The Katholieke Universiteit (KU) Leuven, Belgium, "In a written statement, the researchers said: 'We discovered serious weaknesses in WPA2, a protocol that secures all modern protected WiFi networks."

Are Virgin working on this, if so when will the update be available?

Anyone know anything?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 249 of 259
Flag for a moderator

Being as this vulnerability has only just been announced today, I doubt if we're going to see any answers soon.

This by the way is a different vulnerability to the one mentioned in June - which was that the default wpa/wpa2 passphrase could be brute forced in a few days.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
PaulWebster
Tuning in
Message 250 of 259
Flag for a moderator

Made public today - but shared with manufacturers (and presumably big broadband suppliers) in August.