Menu
FtMatty
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unreliable broadband

My broadband has been failing intermittently for the last 3 weeks. 

Wifi is available, but no connection to the outside world. The fault usually clears with a router reset, but it's getting a bit tiresome. 

I've run the online diagnostics and get a message back saying wait 10 mins then reset your router, but it keeps happening. 

I've tried calling VM but keep getting cut off whilst on hold. 

What the hell do I do now? Champagne prices for supplying lemonade service. 

Any suggestions would be very welcome. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable broadband

Hi FtMatty, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your broadband connection being intermittent for the last 3 weeks or so, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges and there are no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

When the connection drops, is there any notice-able change to the Hubs light sequence?

Also please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here, you can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar. Before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos