Menu
lenartj
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unreliable Ethernet and WiFi connection on Hub 3.0

I "enjoy" a Virgin Media Hub 3.0. This is a new device, around 4 weeks old.

Hardware version:5.01
Software version:CH7465LG-NCIP-4.50.18.20-3-NOSH

For a week or two it was working fine. Now it does the same as the previous glorious device from Virgin: at random intervals, but at least once a day either all the ethernet connections or all the wifi connections go down.

For wifi, the ssid remains visible, dhcp is still working but no internet connection. Reconnecting to wifi does not solve the problems. Already connected devices are also affected. Rebooting phone/table does not solve the problem.

For ethernet the dhcp sometimes works sometimes it doesn't. Ethernet cable reconnection does not solve the problem. Rebooting the computer also does not solve the problem.

All problems solved (for a few hours, pff) by rebooting the VM Hub. If a diagnostic is run (if the web interface is available at all) it shows no problems with the broadband.

Please advise. I have this fix in mind atm: youtube.com/watch?v=S6CKvc_an2Y

I am absolutely fed up by Virgin Media devices.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable Ethernet and WiFi connection on Hub 3.0

Evening lenartj,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

Are you able to post the network log from the router settings please for us to check over? To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

It may be worth creating a Broadband Quality Monitor to check the performance of the connection. If you do set up a BQM you will need to disable the firewall on the Hub 3.

As I was unable to locate your account to check for any issues, can you please send me a Private Message confirming your details. I will be able to look into this further for you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos