Menu
sarahloou
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Superhub keeps losing connection

I have a number of devices connected to wifi using my Virgin Superhub (three iPhones, three iPads, three laptops, Samsung smart TV and an Amazon Fire Stick). Connection constantly drops out when trying to stream TV or films, and often drops out on the other devices, or runs super slowly.

Was chatting to my IT company about it today, who told me I should be able to log in to the hub and remove devices I no longer need. Great! Only I can't remove anything. 

Worth mentioning that I've tried using Home Plugs (which they've now told me have to be plugged directly in to the wall – no good as I only have single sockets! Going to pay an electrician to replace them with doubles and see if that helps...) 

Seriously hacked off with paying for so-called superfast broadband that couldn't be more glitchy if it tried. Help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub keeps losing connection

Hi sarahloou, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear of your issues with losing connection, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that your downstream power levels are on the lower end of the scale, this explains the performance issues.

I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos