Menu
edbert209
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2AC Woes

Hi,

Recently my Superb 2AC keeps dropping wireless and wired connectivity.

Some devices remain working while others fail to connect to the wireless networks. These devices fail to receive and IP address from the DHCP service running on the router.

If I then plug a device into the router it also fails to receive an IP addresses which suggests a DHCP issue ...right?

Well.. setting a static IP address on the device with the gateway as the router address also fails to provide routing i.e. pings to IP's on the internet fail as do pings to the router address. However, the rest of the local subnet is reachable, just not the router.

So.. setting the gateway to that of  an IP forwarding device on the network rather than the router provides Internet access, proving the router has WAN connectivity.

This all seems very odd, and the only solution is to reboot the router to recover all connectivity options for all devices (both wired and wireless)

Now i've tried all the obvious i.e. complete default reset of the superb etc and the issue keeps coming back (at random intervals)

Can you suggest a solution? or is the superhub on its way out as I can't see a valid reason for this apart from a hardware failure.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2AC Woes

Hi edbert209,

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that your Super Hub 2 A/C keeps losing connection, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have run some tests from here and I can see that one of your upstream power levels are too high, an engineer will be required to attend in order to resolve this for you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos