Menu
aaron_a_c
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 2 Drops All Wireless Devices Occasionally

Hi, 

I'm a student sharing VM broadband with my housemates, and our connection has been problematic so far (since Sep '16) to say the least. 

The main problem we've found is that the SuperHub 2 will occasionally stop all wireless connections and its 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks will disappear from all devices.

• Wired devices are not disconnected
  • The wireless lights on the SH stay on as normal
  • A power cycle fixes it
  • This can happen 1-2 times a day at its worst, but can also go a week more without it
  • We've noticed quite a lot of reports of "ICMP Flood" from IP 8.8.8.8 on the Firewall log, not sure if this is relevant to the issue

The killer: A VM engineer has already visited once and swapped the router for another SH2, which hasn't helped at all.

We're confused because it's a problem that very much seems to be coming from within the router's hardware, but a replacement hasn't changed anything. We plan on calling VM out again (or at least, as soon as we can get our landlord to), but we thought we might attempt to narrow down the possibilities on here if we can.

Thanks for reading, and any ideas you may have! 
Feel free to ask for more context or log data if it may help!

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 2 Drops All Wireless Devices Occasionally

Hi Aaron, 

Thanks for posting! 

I am sorry to hear about your issues with your Super Hub 2 dropping wireless connection. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to test things from here, however I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. 

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos