Menu
doonick
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Super slow wifi and constant drop outs in IG1 area

Hi,

My Wifi has been intermittent for the last few weeks but over the last 24 hours it has almost ground to a halt.  I have virtually no connection and a very poor signal if I use my laptop, iPhone and iPad around the house where previously the signal was good (not brilliant but manageable).  Since early afternoon on 23/12/2016 my wifi has almost no connectivity, constantly drops and when it does eventually connect, the webpages are so slow to load, Google almost always gives up Smiley Sad

I have rebooted my router multiple times, performed diagnosis tests via the virgin media website, re-positioned my router, reset my dns, cleared my cookies, etc all to no avail.  The speed tests below were performed with my laptop less than a foot away from my router and will give you some idea of how slow my internet connection is on wifi.  

The first tests were performed using my wifi connection with my laptop next to my router.

Speed Test on WiFi.pngPing test on wifi.png

And the tests below were performed when the router was connected to my laptop via an ethernet cable.

Speed Test on ethernet.pngPing test on ethernet.png

I'm paying £33.46 a month for SuperFibre 70 and all I'm getting is a very slow internet service, which I'm extremely disappointed with.  Can someone assist me with this because I work from home and need good wifi to do my job.

Thanks and merry Christmas.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super slow wifi and constant drop outs in IG1 area

Hi doonick,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004917649).  Our technicians are working to sort this out and have set a review date of 12 April 2017.

I've also picked up an issue with your Upstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos