Menu
zell2002
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Super hub wifi is getting worse and constantly losing connection to virgin servers

I've had the super hub 2 router for about 3-4 years, and in the past few months it keeps playing up. It is losing its connection to the virgin servers (green up/down arrow), and the wifi signal has become awful. Rooms where I used to be able to half bars, I now get 1 or zero with our different devices struggling to connect - which didnt happen before.

Yes, ive rebooted the router.
Yes, ive rebooted the router while on the phone with virgin support.
I've had a Virgin person come out to check our outside box (he didnt really do anything tbh apart from look at it) and then he checked our router inside and offered to move it - he didnt seem to fully understand what our issue was.

Is this a sign of the box becoming faulty? How do I get a new one if so? Any help would be great as it's just getting worse and worse - and considering I have to keep paying it seems unfair I'm paying for a service and hardware that is constantly flaking.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub wifi is getting worse and constantly losing connection to virgin servers

Hi zell2002,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection. I can imagine how frustrating this must be and I would like to help get this resolved for you.

I've managed to locate your account, there are no faults reported and there have been no time-outs reported within 12 days of the router being online. 

With the up/down arrow light turning green this would suggest the broadband is being disconnected from the network. Can you post your router information for me please to see if any issues/disconnections are showing? To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have downstream, upstream and network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos