Menu
Bekarington
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sudden loss of wireless connectivity.

I've have Virgin broadband for years now with little issue apart from the odd loss of connection to the internet to the router.

however, for the last 2 days in a row I have experienced sudden loss of wireless connectivity. the lights on the router would suggest that there is still internet connectivity but that the 2.5 and 5ghz connections are not active (no lights at all for them on the router).

it seems a reboot of the router fixes the issue but takes a REALLY long time for the wireless connection to come back up.

I have a Hub 2, not sure if its ac or not, not sure how to tell. the router is furthest away from any other electrical devices as it can be and as I said, its just a random issue thats occurred in the last 2 days. 

anyone any suggestion as to what may be causing it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sudden loss of wireless connectivity.

Hi Bekarington, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with sudden loss of wireless connectivity. I apologise for any troubles incurred. Let me take this opportunity to welcome you to our forum community!

I have tested your connection from this side and I noticed that your Hubs logs show a number of time outs inside, I would like to arrange for this to be investigated further by one of our engineers for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos