cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light & dropping wifi

TopCatTom
Joining in

A few backs the Hub status light went red. I rang VM who told me it wasnt a problem unless the Hub was getting too hot (define "too hot"!). However, since then the wifi has spasmodically dropped and come back, probably a couple of times a day that I've noticed but could be more. This has only really started to happen since the red light appeared. It happened today when I'm sat in the same room as the Hub.

I've tried the VM Connect app to see it could check the setup and for any blackspots but it wont even find the hub and I'm standing in the same room. The app used to connect at the beginning of summer when I checked what reception could be had on the patio - I had assumed there'd be a warm summer!

We have a Hub 3.0.

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Two separate problems, the red LED means the hub will need replacing. Until that is done forget other one.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TopCatTom 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this happening.

I'll send you a PM now to book in a tech visit.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill