cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light

jfleming30
Joining in

I have recently started with Virgin, (Friday) and my hub 3 has had a steady orange light, I have carried out all the things advised on your app, can some one please advise how I get the white light it should be 

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello jfleming30, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear the Hub is showing an orange light. This is usually an indication that there is a problem with the LED. 

Does the light still show orange following a reboot?

Thanks, 

Nat

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

This is indicative of you having been given a second-hand refurbished hub3 from another customer who has upgraded. As the hubs age, the LEDs do tend to go from white to a more orange colour and eventually red. The latter is a bit of an issue as a 'red' LED should mean it is overheating, but if the LED is red in normal operation than how would you know if it were to overheat.

In itself it's all fine, how is your internet connection, if that is all working OK then I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it

Hi yea I have tried to reboot the hub and pressed the the reset button as stated on the back, the white coax cable has a tiny split in it too at the connection into the hub and you can see the cables inside, so I’m not sure if this part of the issue

thanks 

Good Morning @jfleming30,

Are you experiencing any service issues with the broadband connection at all?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn