Menu
Carena123
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No internet

My internet has been down for 2 days.
When I ring I am told that I have to book an engineer appt. They cannot attend for a week!
Than I go online and find the whole area is down.
Why not tell me this information?
Why not forewarn?
I cannot be without internet, my home security works off it so am now at risk.
Disgusted with the shocking customer service.
Cannot get through to someone in UK to speak to.
A whole area with no internet and virgin think that is acceptable?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet

Hi Carena123,

I do apologise for the recent outage that affected you. We certainly don't think that loss of service is acceptable which is why our Network engineer's responded to the fault and worked on resolving it as quickly as possible. It was actually fixed the day after it was raised as a fault. 

I am sorry for the disruption caused by this and for the fact that you didn't find out about it when you first called in. But I have just checked your connection and everything is reporting as working well so hopefully things are back to normal for you.

What you said about your security system caused me to think - what if the Internet goes down again, or what if you have a power shortage? Well apparently backing up your security system via your mobile network is the preferred choice - thus bypassing any power shortages, cut cables, loss of Internet etc. This Which guide provides some information that you may find useful, so please take a look when you have a chance.

Kind wishes,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos