cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet today - dy8 [Outage - F011067187]

fizz
Fibre optic

Slow Internet this morning so i rebooted and then no Internet connection. Was I  modem mode so I have pin hole reset and still no Internet. No errors in log on hub and nothing in the network log. Just no Internet. Nothing reported on 0800 either

[MOD EDIT: Outage raised under F011067187 for Dudley area. Multiple threads merged]

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode
17 REPLIES 17

fizz
Fibre optic

Also if I put the hub in modem mode and connect direct with an ethernet cable I cannot get to the routers home page either 😞

ps_3_brom
Tuning in

Same issue here WV14 with GIG1 Hub 5 set up

fizz
Fibre optic

I got a 'it may be a local intermittent connection problem' from the help desk have to sit it out for 24 hours..

ps_3_brom
Tuning in

Same response we had now at 22 hours waiting

fizz
Fibre optic

neighbours seem un affected but connectivity but I wasn't till I rebooted 😞 I'm beginning to thing modem is goosed.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Sigh... I had already done the above... taken vm 6 hours to log a fault though. 

davsco1973
On our wavelength

Looks like the internet is down, have tried everything from restarting the hub to a total default reset and still no working internet, now i cant even connect to my hub. Area is Dudley DY5. Its been like this for about 4 hours 

ps_3_brom
Tuning in

Spoke to virgin on the 0345 customer services number and they have said its a service issue and they are working at resolving it so fingers crossed they sort it soon