Menu
MatW
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Network down since Friday, marked resolved but isn't (Edinburgh EH14)

Posting here in case anyone can shed any light. Since about 2pm Friday (writing this on Monday) the fibre network has been down for my neighbours and I, by which I mean no TV or broadband. After about a day of updating messages on the web site given estimated fix time, we entered a pattern where the service status says it's fixed, we report that it's not, and it goes to "we're working on it" before announcing it's fixed when it isn't. Various of us have phoned up regularly over this time and also done the online diagnostic.

Virgin Media cable was fine here until a couple of years ago when we started to see more drop outs, this is the longest yet. The current fault seems to affect my street and the one next to it.

My questions are:

- Anyone have any idea why the online message keeps reverted to fixed when it's clearly not?

- Anyone know the cause of the wider issue that is behind the recent drop outs?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network down since Friday, marked resolved but isn't (Edinburgh EH14)

Hi MatW, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that your internet has been down and marked as resolved but isn't. I apologise for any inconvenience.

I've run some checks from here and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

What lights do you have on your Hub?

Please include a recent copy of your Hubs logs in your response for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' in the top right corner,  click there and all the information needed is inside.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos