Menu
YavG
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

N9 (London) Broadband problems?

Hi

Our household has been experiencing very slow internet for some significant time now. It all started when the internet went down about two months ago for the whole day. I was told at the time that the whole N9 area (London) has no internet. 

After the internet came back it was never the same. Loading videos has become an absolute pain. Playing online multiplayer games is impossible during peak hours. Off peak, it is a little bit better but still experiencing higher than normal ping with constant lag spikes. Loading pages is difficult. We are on 100mb broadband but will be lucky to get more than 5mb. I know that we will not get 100mb in any case but 5mb? 

I spoke to Virgin helpline twice. First time I was told that there are no issues with Virgin and to change to a different wireless channel (either 1, 6 or 11). I tried all three and the problem persisted. I rang a second time and was told that actually the problem was not with us but the whole N9 area is experiencing difficulties. 

Can someone provide me with any type of clarity as to what is happening? I really don't want to escalate this to an actual complaint if it can be resolved.

Thanks for your help.

YG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: N9 (London) Broadband problems?

Hi YavG,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I'd like to check this out for you but I can't seem to find your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you!

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos