Menu
ESKL
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Losing Net Connection/Cannot Connect DNS Server

Okay so three times in the past three day's my internet suddenly just dropped out. The first time this happened I contacted VM and the rather helpful fellow checked everything out remotely for me and couldn't find anything wrong beyond what I was able to tell him, namely that my computer reported it couldn't connect to the DNS server.

So following the man's advice, I powered off the router, left it for two mins and then rebooted it. Back in business.

That was that, I got back to my gaming. Then it happened again the next day. So again, I following the instructions I was given and five minutes later I was back online. Then today it happened again.

Until now I've had no major issues with VM beyond the stuff that affected my area, and that I can live with, but having to get up, squeeze into a position to access my router an go through it all every time is rather tedious and very annoying.

So why is this happening all of a sudden and how to I solve it long term?

TL;DR

Why does my computer tell me it cannot connect DNS server and how do I prevent it losing connection? Is this a hardware thing or what?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Losing Net Connection/Cannot Connect DNS Server

Hi ESKL, 

Thanks for posting to make us aware of your internet issues with losing net connection, I apologise for any troubles incurred, I am confident I can get this sorted for you.

I have run some diagnostics from this end and I noticed that there's a lot of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs and an engineer will need to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos