Menu
morton1989
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lag Spikes/Lost packets

Hi,

I have had issues with my broadband for the last 6 months with lag spikes being a constant problem. Speed will be affected at random times of the day/night and sometimes just doesen't work full stop. Ive been told there are no issues as well as there are issues and told to just wait a few months and it should be fixed and then it repeats when I call back.

I have created a BQM to see if it shows anything and there are lot of spikes and even quite a lot of packet loss between 4 and half 8. Just to add no one was home between 6:45-8:30PM so there would not have been a lot of traffic to/from my router,

A7fdf9427c4246cdf51c7fcb4c3bcb3e-31-01-2017

Can you please look into this to see if there is a problem that can be fixed or not?

0 Kudos
lyonc
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag Spikes/Lost packets

My Broadband Ping - Monitor 1

Are you on wired or wireless? If you're on wireless your connection is actually pretty good compared to mine XD, if it's wired there's a problem somewhere. Check what programs are using your internet on the task manager, sort the list out by network so the programs that are using the internet show at the top and disable them to see how you get on, because it might just be a rogue program intermittently uploading data.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag Spikes/Lost packets

Hi morton1989, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with your lag spikes and packet loss, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have run some checks from here and I can see that there's a few time outs inside the Hubs logs, I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you, I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos